7.04.2022

Fourth of July in Tucson

The Fourth of July here in Tucson is pretty boring. It is too hot to go outside and enjoy anything and fireworks are quite limited due to the high fire danger. Oh well.....just another day. I can't look at Facebook because everyone I know is either at the beach or somewhere where they can be outside enjoying BBQs and fireworks. Here I sit. I did do something positive today for my situation. I booked a stay at the beach near my son for the entire month of November. I will finally be able to have a real Thanksgiving with them. I was very lucky last year to be able to have Thanksgiving with my grandson and all his fellow soldiers at Fort Huachuca. That was very special. But other than that not many holidays get celebrated out here. That is what happens when you move too far away from your family. I think I had one Thanksgiving here with my neighbors maybe back in 2018 or so. I did have a New Years Eve dinner last year with some friends who are snowbirds when they had just arrived plus my grandson was here on Army leave. So it is not all bad......just a little depressing whenever there is a holiday and I am not with family. Those are my worst days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Landscape series

Whenever I am away from my studio for any length of time, as I was this past week, it always takes me a few days to get back to where I fe...