8.13.2022

Tiny Landscape series

Whenever I am away from my studio for any length of time, as I was this past week, it always takes me a few days to get back to where I feel comfortable again. I forget what I had been doing before I left and so whatever I try to create turns out not so great.

Being back east was a bit startling for me. Everything was so green and the trees were so large. I guess I forgot how big both the trees and the leaves are. Here, our trees are smallish. And there are pretty much no leaves on anything. The mesquite tree has some tiny little leaves but for the most part it is all about dry, dusty brown and thorns.

Today was the first day I began to feel comfortable in my studio again. Although I put trees in my landscapes. I guess I really needed trees.

I am still reeling from the realization that Massachusetts is so expensive and I have no idea if we will ever be able to go back. I am heartbroken over that thought. I try not to think about it but it is hard not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Landscape series

Whenever I am away from my studio for any length of time, as I was this past week, it always takes me a few days to get back to where I fe...