7.16.2022

Summer in the Desert

It has been really hot here with very little rain. I am hoping to leave this place soon for good. But for now I am rather stuck here. We go back east for a visit in August and will be meeting hopefully with a realtor to find a place to live. We were hoping to find a place in Amherst but they don't have a lot of housing stock there. The houses are either out of our price range or dilapidated wrecks with nothing much in between. Down towards the cape where my son lives is very nice but way out of our budget I am afraid. Housing has become so unaffordable these days it is hard to imagine really. I am going to try and stay positive. I have a very good friend back in Amherst who has offered to go look at places for me. We have known each other since high school and it would make both of us so happy to be able to live near one another. Like when we were kids! Anyway, as a result of all my house hunting on Zillow I have not been making much art. It is hard to concentrate with all this going on. Normally we would just sell our place here and go rent back east until we find something but the rents are astronomical! We would spend all our money on rent with nothing left to buy a place. Thats it. That is all I've got for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tiny Landscape series

Whenever I am away from my studio for any length of time, as I was this past week, it always takes me a few days to get back to where I fe...